ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 45 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: Learn about the speakers for upcoming meetings on our Facebook page (you won't need a Facebook account to view the page). Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
3/24/20 Update: Due to COVID-19 concerns, we are temporarily suspending our monthly, in-person chapter meetings. However, monthly check-ins are taking place online and we invite you to join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions for joining the meeting.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call you back. Take very good care and don't hesitate to reach out.
Monthly Meetings! - Now online due to COVID-19
4th Tuesdays (not Dec), 7-8 pm, via video call. In-Person meetings are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19, but are usually held at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley.
For the first hour of in-person meetings, an interesting variety of guest speakers join us. We use the second hour as a time to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
May 26, 2020: Online Check-In - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on joining
- June 23, 2020: TBA (probably online)
- April 28, 2020: Online Check-In
- February 25, 2020: Assertive Advocacy for Unexpected, Uncomfortable Situations, a Fullpower Adult Safety workshop led by Kidpower.org California Program Director Erika Leonard.
- January 28, 2020: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Chapter Election
- December 8, 2019, 1-3 pm: Holiday Gathering and Potluck
November 26, 2019: Handling Holidays
- October 22, 2019: Supporting LGBTQ Family planning
- September 24, 2019: Navigating Grief
- August 27, 2019: Summer Potluck and Why Pride? Sharing and preparing for Oakland Pride
- July 23, 2019: Changing Gender and Sport with Ron Katz
- June 25, 2019: Mental Health and the LGBT+ Community
- May 28, 2019: Real People, Real Stories