ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 47 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to monthly online check-ins, instead of in-person meetings. We invite you to join us! Email email@example.com to receive instructions for joining the meeting.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call you back. Take very good care and don't hesitate to reach out.
Monthly Meetings! - Now Online
4th Tuesdays (not Dec), 7-8:30 pm, via video call.
We bring an interesting variety of guest speakers to join us for the first part of our online meetings. During the second part, we typically break into smaller breakout groups to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (7-8:30 pm) - email email@example.com for instructions on joining:
- April 27, 2021, 7-8:30 pm - Media Matters, a presentation and discussion around LGBTQ+ in the media & Online Check-In
- May 25, 2021, 7-8:30 pm - Guest speaker Bard Adler & Online Check-In
- June 22, 2021, 7-8:30 pm
- July 27, 2021, 7-8:30 pm
- March 23, 2021 - Discussion of the documentary Becoming Johanna, the journey of a transgender teen (26 minutes) & Online Check-In
- February 23, 2021 - Guest Rev. Rhina Ramos, an ordained minister who leads an open and affirming Spanish speaking congregation in Oakland & Online Check-In
- January 26, 2021 - Annual election of officers, discussion of topics & Online Check-In
- December 22, 2020, Sharing and support meeting
- November 24, 2020: Preparing for Challenging Family Dynamics & Online Check-In
- October 27, 2020: LGBTQ+ Young Adult Panel & Online Check-In
- September 22, 2020: Guest Kathy Godwin, President, PFLAG National & Online Check-In
- August 25, 2020: Visit by Vicky Kolakowski (Alameda County Superior Court judge) & Online Check-In
- July 28, 2020: Celebration of a long-time chapter member & Online Check-In
- June 23, 2020: Advocacy Resources & Online Check-In
- May 26, 2020: Online Check-In