ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 47 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
As of March 2020, due to COVID-19 concerns, we are suspending our monthly, in-person chapter meetings. However, monthly check-ins are taking place online and we invite you to join us! Email email@example.com to receive instructions for joining the meeting.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call you back. Take very good care and don't hesitate to reach out.
Monthly Meetings! - Now online due to COVID-19
4th Tuesdays (not Dec), 7-8 pm, via video call. In-Person meetings are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19, but were usually held at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley.
For the first hour of in-person meetings, an interesting variety of guest speakers joined us. We used the second hour as a time to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (7-8:15 pm) - email email@example.com for instructions on joining:
- October 27, 2020: LGBTQ+ Young Adult Panel & Online Check-In;
- November 24, 2020: Online Check-In
- September 22, 2020: Guest Kathy Godwin, President, PFLAG National & Online Check-In
- August 25, 2020: Visit by Vicky Kolakowski (Alameda County Superior Court judge) & Online Check-In
- July 28, 2020: Celebration of a long-time chapter member & Online Check-In
- June 23, 2020: Advocacy Resources & Online Check-In
- May 26, 2020: Online Check-In
- April 28, 2020: Online Check-In
- February 25, 2020: Assertive Advocacy for Unexpected, Uncomfortable Situations, a Fullpower Adult Safety workshop led by Kidpower.org California Program Director Erika Leonard.
- January 28, 2020: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Chapter Election
- December 8, 2019, 1-3 pm: Holiday Gathering and Potluck
November 26, 2019: Handling Holidays
- October 22, 2019: Supporting LGBTQ Family planning