ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, the nation's largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those
who love them.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
- Oct. 19-22, 2023: PFLAG National Convention
- Oct. 24, 2023: Advocacy In Our Own Backyard with Lamorinda PFLAG; plus confidential support.
- Sept. 26, 2023: Witnessing a Transition-A Parent Panel; plus confidential support.
- Sept. 10, 2023: Oakland Pride Parade.
- Aug. 20, 2023: Ice Cream Social, Private home in Berkeley
- July 25, 2023: The “B” in LGBTQ - Avoiding “Bi” Erasure; plus confidential support in small groups.
- June 27, 2023: Pride as a Profession: Eddy Funkhouser (they/he), PFLAG Chapter Engagement Coordinator; & confidential support.
- May 23, 2023: Navigating Faith & the Queer Experience featuring Andy Wells, author of Tried to Be Straight: Options for Gay Christians; & confidential support.
- April 25, 2023: "What I Wish My Parents Knew" LGBTQ+ Panel; & confidential support.
- March 28, 2023: Rainbow Ruckus in the Stacks: Librarians and the Future of LGBTQ Programming; & confidential support.
- February 28, 2023: In Person and Online: Navigating Estrangement with Dr. Joshua Coleman, author of The Rules of Estrangement: Why Adult Children Cut Ties and How to Heal the Conflict; & confidential support.
- January 24, 2023: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Annual Chapter Election, plus support
- December 27, 2022: Confidential support only
- November 22, 2022: Confidential support only
We meet in person at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue near Derby Street in Berkeley.
Masks are optional and extra masks are available if needed.
Our board is here to connect with you one-on-one in between meetings. Email email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call back. Take care and don't hesitate to reach out.
4th Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm in person (see schedule below to confirm the dates)
Join us In-Person at St. John's Presbyterian Church, Campbell Room, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley.
An interesting variety of guest speakers joins us for the first part of our meetings. Then we typically break into small breakout groups to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (Meetings are 7-8:50 pm)
- November 28, 2023, 7-8 pm: Confidential support only.
- Sunday, December 10, 2023, 1-3 pm: Holiday social at a private home. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where.
- December 26, 2023: No meeting.
- January 23, 2024: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Annual Chapter Election; plus confidential support in small groups.