ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, the nation's largest organization dedicated to supporting, educating, and advocating for LGBTQ+ people and those
who love them.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
- Aug. 20, 2023: Ice Cream Social, Private home in Berkeley
- July 25, 2023: The “B” in LGBTQ - Avoiding “Bi” Erasure; plus confidential support in small groups.
- June 27, 2023: Pride as a Profession: Eddy Funkhouser (they/he), PFLAG Chapter Engagement Coordinator; & confidential support.
- May 23, 2023: Navigating Faith & the Queer Experience featuring Andy Wells, author of Tried to Be Straight: Options for Gay Christians; & confidential support.
- April 25, 2023: "What I Wish My Parents Knew" LGBTQ+ Panel; & confidential support.
- March 28, 2023: Rainbow Ruckus in the Stacks: Librarians and the Future of LGBTQ Programming; & confidential support.
- February 28, 2023: In Person and Online: Navigating Estrangement with Dr. Joshua Coleman, author of The Rules of Estrangement: Why Adult Children Cut Ties and How to Heal the Conflict; & confidential support.
- January 24, 2023: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Annual Chapter Election, plus support
- December 27, 2022: Confidential support only
- November 22, 2022: Confidential support only
- October 25, 2022: Two-Spirit Identities featuring Kanyon Sayers-Roods, activist, educator, and founder of Indian Canyon Two-Spirit Society; & confidential support
- September 27, 2022: Non-Binary Youth Panel & Online Support
- September 4, 2022: Oakland Pride Parade
We have returned to in-person meetings! The location is St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue near Derby Street in Berkeley. For in-person meetings:
- Masks are optional.
- Extra masks will be available if needed.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call back. Take care and don't hesitate to reach out.
4th Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm in person
Join us In-Person at St. John's Presbyterian Church, Campbell Room, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley.
An interesting variety of guest speakers joins us for the first part of our meetings. Then we typically break into small breakout groups to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (Meetings are 7-8:50 pm)
- Sept. 10, 2023: Oakland Pride Parade. Join us!
- Sept. 26, 2023: Witnessing a Transition-A Parent Panel; plus confidential support in small groups.
- Oct. 19-22, 2023: PFLAG National Convention
- Oct. 24, 2023: TBA; plus confidential support in small groups.
- November 28, 2023: Confidential support only
- December 26, 2023: TBA, we may change the December date