ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 45 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: Learn about the speakers for upcoming meetings on our Facebook page (you won't need a Facebook account to view the page). Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
4th Tuesdays (not Dec), 7-9 pm
St. John's Presbyterian Church
2727 College Avenue, Berkeley
We look forward to meeting you!
For the first hour, an interesting variety of guest speakers join us. We use the second hour as a time to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
- February 25, 2020: Assertive Advocacy for Unexpected, Uncomfortable Situations, a 50-minute Fullpower Adult Safety workshop will be led by Kidpower.org California Program Director Erika Leonard.
- January 28, 2020: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Chapter Election
- December 8, 2019, 1-3 pm: Holiday Gathering and Potluck
November 26, 2019: Handling Holidays
- October 22, 2019: Supporting LGBTQ Family planning
- September 24, 2019: Navigating Grief
- August 27, 2019: Summer Potluck and Why Pride? Sharing and preparing for Oakland Pride
- July 23, 2019: Changing Gender and Sport with Ron Katz
- June 25, 2019: Mental Health and the LGBT+ Community
- May 28, 2019: Real People, Real Stories
- April 23, 2019: Filming a Family in Transition: Shaleece Haas
- March 23, 2019: Real Boy Documentary Screening