ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 47 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to monthly online check-ins, instead of in-person meetings. We invite you to join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions for joining the meeting.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call you back. Take very good care and don't hesitate to reach out.
Monthly Meetings! - Now Online
4th Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm, via video call.
We bring an interesting variety of guest speakers to join us for the first part of our online meetings. During the second part, we typically break into smaller breakout groups to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (7-8:30 pm) - email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on joining:
- July 26, 2022, 7-8:30 pm: Transgender Youth Panel & Online Support. Two transgender young adults (ages 24 and 20) will share their stories and perspectives about gender and identity and the support that has been most helpful to them
- August 23, 2022, 7-8:30 pm: TBD & Online Support
- September 27, 2022, 7-8:30 pm: Tentative: Non-Binary Youth Panel & Online Support
- June 28, 2022: Gayle McWilliams and the founding of A Gathering Place, an affinity group in Oakland for people of color who are family and friends of those who identify as LGBTQ+
- May 24, 2022: Intersex is Awesome, TED Talks by three intersex advocates & Online Support
- April 26, 2022: Creating Spaces for LGBTQ+ Kids to Thrive with Andrew Kramer, co-founder of Camp Indigo, a summer day camp for transgender and gender diverse youth, ages 4-17, in Oakland, CA & Boulder, CO; plus Online Support
- March 22, 2022: Learn More About Asexuality & Online Support
- February 22, 2022: Mark Guevarra: Life as a Gay Catholic Advocate & Online Support
- January 25, 2022: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Annual Chapter Election, plus Online Support
- December 28, 2021 - Online Support
- November 23, 2021 - Handling the Holidays: Online Support
- October 26, 2021 - Bard Adler on mental health and the LGBTQ+ community & Online Check-In
- September 28, 2021 - Rodney Wilson, the founder of LGBT history month, the short film Taboo Teaching, & Online Check-In
- August 24, 2021 - Online support meeting
- July 27, 2021 - Gender & Sports with sports attorney Ron Katz (a return visit from Ron) & Online Check-In