ABOUT: PFLAG Oakland-East Bay is a local chapter of PFLAG National, celebrating 47 years as the nation’s largest family and ally organization uniting people who are LGBTQ+ with families, friends, and allies. PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
ACTIVITIES: We hold monthly meetings and we organize and participate in community activities furthering equality, affirmation, and respect for all people, inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity.
MORE INFO: We post lots of info on our Facebook page - take a look! You won't need a Facebook account to view the page. Sign up for our monthly email newsletter or contact us with questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to our group!
- January 24, 2023: Year-Ahead Brainstorming and Annual Chapter Election, plus support
- December 27, 2022: Confidential support only
- November 22, 2022: Confidential support only
- October 25, 2022: Two-Spirit Identities featuring Kanyon Sayers-Roods, activist, educator, and founder of Indian Canyon Two-Spirit Society; & confidential support
- September 27, 2022: Non-Binary Youth Panel & Online Support
- September 4, 2022: Oakland Pride Parade
- August 28, 2022: Ice Cream Social at a private home in the SF Bay Area
- July 26, 2022: Transgender Youth Panel & Online Support
- June 28, 2022: Gayle McWilliams and the founding of A Gathering Place, an affinity group in Oakland for people of color who are family and friends of those who identify as LGBTQ+
- June 26, 2022: San Francisco Pride Parade
- May 24, 2022: Intersex is Awesome, TED Talks by three intersex advocates & Online Support
- April 26, 2022: Creating Spaces for LGBTQ+ Kids to Thrive with Andrew Kramer, co-founder of Camp Indigo, a summer day camp for transgender and gender diverse youth, ages 4-17, in Oakland, CA & Boulder, CO; plus Online Support
- March 22, 2022: Learn More About Asexuality & Online Support
- February 22, 2022: Mark Guevarra: Life as a Gay Catholic Advocate & Online Support
January 2023 - We are returning to in-person meetings in February 2023! The location is St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue near Derby Street in Berkeley.
For in-person meetings:
- Masks will be required for now.
- Extra masks will be available if needed.
- We will do everything possible to assure meeting room ventilation.
We'd also like to provide an online meeting option for those who are unable to join us in person.
Also, our board is still here to connect with you one-on-one. Email email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 510-562-7692 and we will call back. Take care and don't hesitate to reach out.
4th Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm
Join us In-Person at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Avenue, Berkeley OR Online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions for joining the meeting online.
An interesting variety of guest speakers joins us for the first part of our meetings. Then we typically break into small breakout groups to ask questions, share stories, learn from and support each other.
We look forward to meeting you!
Upcoming Programs (7-8:30 pm)
- February 28, 2023, 7-8:30 pm - In Person and Online: Dealing with Estrangement with Dr. Joshua Coleman. The author of The Rules of Estrangement: Why Adult Children Cut Ties and How to Heal the Conflict (2021, Random House), Dr. Coleman is a psychologist in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area and a Senior Fellow with the Council on Contemporary Families. Also: confidential support in small groups.
- March 28, 2023, 7-8:30 pm: TBA and support
- April 25, 2023, 7-8:30 pm: TBA and support